Addis Ababa Science and Technology University (AASTU) is collaborating with South Korea’s Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology to establish Ethiopia’s first graduate degree program in nuclear engineering.
In line with AASTU’s vision to be an internationally recognized Ethiopian Hub of science and technology with strong national commitment and significant continental impact by 2030, the institution signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with UNIST for the provision of education and training regarding the peaceful uses of nuclear energy.
According to EurekAlert, the two parties will foster mutual collaboration in the following areas.:
- Research and development in the fields of nuclear energy,
- Cooperation for the development and review of the curriculum for nuclear science and engineering department,
- Joint study and training,
- Research support for AASTU students,
- Research equipment support for advanced R&D,
- Use of SEM equipment, and
- Education and training of the related personnel.
The opinions expresses here in the post "Addis Ababa Science and Technology University Partners with UNIST to Provide Nuclear Engineering Program" are those of the individua's contributor(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of Business Info Ethiopia , BIE Intelligence PLC, its publisher, editor, or any of its other contributors.