In 2022, the Africa Business and Travel Guide has made a list of Africa’s tallest buildings. Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Egypt, and South Africa are among the top ten countries on the list.
The Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (CBE) tower is the continent’s fourth tallest buildings, according to the list. Completed on February 13, 2022, it is Ethiopia’s tallest building and serves as headquarters of the country’s largest bank, the state-owned Commercial Bank of Ethiopia.
Here are the ten tallest buildings in Africa in 2022.
10. Necom House in Lagos, Nigeria: The 32-story commercial building stands 160 meters tall. The skyscraper, which was completed in 1979, has a communications spire at the top of the tower that serves as a lighthouse beacon for Lagos Harbour.
9. Tanzania’s Ports Authority Headquarters in Dar es Salaam: The 162 meters tall building is a parastatal public corporation acting under the Ministry of Infrastructure Development.
8. UAP tower in Nairobi, Kenya: The Upperhill Nairobi office tower is a 33-story structure. The building, which was completed in 2016, is 163 meters taller than the Times Tower, which had held the record for 15 years.
7. Ponte Apartments in South Africa: The apartment is the first cylindrical skyscraper in Africa. The 55 storey building is cylindrical with an open centre that allows additional light into the apartment.
6. The Global Trade Center (GTC) office Tower in Nairobi Kenya: The 184-meter building was completed in 2021. The 43 storey GTC tower houses a lot of business enterprises.
5. Britam Tower in Nairobi, Kenya: The skyscraper has a maximum height of 195 meters above ground and has 32 usable floors with a unique prism shape and was opened in 2017. Britam tower can host up to 1000 cars.
4. The Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (CBE) tower, Addis Ababa Ethiopia: CBE is the tallest building in East Africa and is located in the country’s capital city. CBE has 53 floors and has a height of 209 meters. The building covers an area of 165,476.4 square meters and also houses business enterprises.
3. Carlton Center in Johannesburg, South Africa: The 223-meter skyscraper was completed in 1973. The building houses various business entities.
2. The Leonardo, Sandton, South Africa: The 55-floor building rises to a height of 234 meters. Completed in 2019, the building has 200 apartments and 11 floors of commercial office space.
1. The Iconic Tower, Egypt: The skyscraper is 385meters tall and has 77 floors. This tallest building in Africa was opened in January 2022 and is located in the New Administrative Capital of the country.
The opinions expresses here in the post "Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (CBE) Tower Listed as Africa’s Fourth Tallest Buildings in 2022" are those of the individua's contributor(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of Business Info Ethiopia , BIE Intelligence PLC, its publisher, editor, or any of its other contributors.