- The 38 import-restricted items made up only 6% of the total import value in 2021.
- In monetary terms, of the $15 billion imported, these items only contributed to $958 million.
- The total of the 33 restrictions accounted for only 20% of the value while 5 items have 80% of the value.
- The single most expensive imports (from the 38 categories) were automobiles and three wheelers (excluding electric vehicles), accounting for 53%.
- The Ethiopian government aims to save $100 million per year through restricting these items it deems non-priority.
The opinions expresses here in the post "Did you know?" are those of the individua's contributor(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of Business Info Ethiopia , BIE Intelligence PLC, its publisher, editor, or any of its other contributors.