Ethiopian Coffee Waste Biotech Company has been named to the list of winners for the 2022 Sustainable Beauty Awards in Paris.
Coffee Resurrect, the first Biotech company in Africa to create Personal care, Nutraceuticals, and Food ingredients from coffee waste also known as sustainably spent coffee grounds, selected as the winners list of the 2022 Sustainable Beauty Awards in Paris for its CROIL and FIBER ingredients.
Competing with brands including Blue Sky Botanics, Fattoria La Vialla, Lush, Laboratoires Expanscience and Mibelle Biochemistry we are on the list as a runner-up of the Sustainable Ingredient Award category at the 2022 Sustainable Beauty Awards ceremony held in France Paris on November 7.
The Sustainable Beauty Awards are organized by Ecovia Intelligence and aim to give recognition to businesses who are ‘pushing the boundaries of sustainability in the beauty industry’, and the winners were announced at a dedicated reception at the Paris Marriott Champs-Elysées.
COFFEE RESURRECT’S CROIL & FIBER are harnessing Coffee waste in Africa and leverages the most innovative solutions in extractions and separations science in the botanical extraction industry.
The ingredients are 100% natural, active, multi-functional and upcycled health-promoting compounds across the WellCare market.
COFFEE RESURRECT is a brand voice representing the Ethiopian coffee story and African coffee producers -focuses on helping companies and countries to minimize coffee’s environmental impact.
- COFFEE RESURRECT Inc., a company specializing in upcycling coffee waste, was named one of the top 100 companies in the world at the Entrepreneurship World Cup 2021 and was Ethiopia’s only national and regional finalist.
- Created additional income sources for small-scale African coffee farmers, helping them to get a better price of their green coffee beans.
- Will divert 500,000 Metric tons of coffee wastes across Africa by 2024.
- Is among early and growth-stage companies named as a top 10 startups of Africa and the only Ethiopian finalist at Entrepreneurship World Cup (EWC) 2021.
- Winner of “Founder of the Year” Eastern Africa Startup Awards 2021.
- The founder Almaw Molla is also an MBA championship from e4impact foundation of Italy as the best impact entrepreneur of 2022.