Taskmoby, a home service provider marketplace based in Ethiopia, has been selected as one of the eleven startups to move forward to the next stage of the MultiChoice Africa Accelerator program. This is a noteworthy accomplishment for Taskmoby, as it provides them with the opportunity to pitch to potential investors in Dubai, after being chosen from numerous startups across the African continent.
The MultiChoice Africa Accelerator program is part of the MultiChoice Innovation Fund, and is in partnership with Dubai-based business incubator Companies Creating Change (C3), EOH, and Galelo Africa. It is designed to support small and medium-sized enterprises (SMMEs) in unlocking transformative business funding, with the goal of making a positive impact on job creation and economic growth throughout Africa.
In addition to Ethiopian home service provider marketplace Taskmoby, ten other startups from across Africa have been selected to advance to the next stage of the MultiChoice Africa Accelerator programme. They are:
- Dojah – an identify verification startup from Nigeria.
- Crop2Cash – an agri-tech company from Nigeria.
- Botlhale AI – a natural language processing tool provider from South Africa.
- Gradesmatch – an ed-tech startup from South Africa.
- Tupuca – an on-demand quick-commerce platform from Angola.
- StarNews Mobile – a media tech company from Ivory Coast.
- Tendo – a social commerce startup from Ghana.
- Zuri – an e-health startup from Kenya.
- MaTontine – a fintech startup from Senegal.
- Mighty Finance Solution – a credit platform from Zambia.
These eleven startups were selected from a pool of 29 startups from across the African continent, and will attend a dedicated bootcamp in Lusaka, Zambia, to prepare for their pitch to prospective investors in Dubai.
Source: Disrupt Africa
The opinions expresses here in the post "Ethiopian Startup Taskmoby Among Eleven Selected for MultiChoice Africa Accelerator Program" are those of the individua's contributor(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of Business Info Ethiopia , BIE Intelligence PLC, its publisher, editor, or any of its other contributors.