The Ministry of Mines (MOM) would like to invite interested companies to apply for an Expression of Interest (E01) for International Competitive Bidding (ICB) for Consultancy on a Bankable Techno-Economic Feasibility Study on Iron and steel making plants in the process of Beneficiation/Pelletizing/BF/De-S/BOF/CC/Billet/Slab/Pig Iron with a total steel capacity of 2.5 million tons per year.
All applicants for E01 are invited to participate by taking the steps mentioned below:
1. Ministry of Mines invites Expression of Interest (E01) from any interested, qualified, eligible and experienced Firms or Companies to prepare a detailed Feasibility Study for the establishment of the Iron and steel making plants. Consultants are invited to submit E01, either alone or as a consortium. No Consultant, either solely or as part of consortium, shall be represented in more than one E01 submission.
2. The instruction to the Consultant, prescribed formats, evaluation criteria, scope of work, duration of study, and other details of the project will be mentioned in the Terms of Reference (ToR).
3. The objective of this study is to assess the feasibility of establishing Iron and steel making plants, at a suitable location in Ethiopia which shall be determined by the Consultant. The work to be undertaken under this study will cover three major areas, namely: 1) Technical Feasibility, 2) Economic and Financial Evaluation, and 3) Environmental and social Impact Assessment.
4. The selection procedure of the consultant will be governed by the prevailing laws of Ethiopia, namely The Ethiopian Federal Government Procurement and Property Administration Proclamation (No.649/2009) and Federal Public Procurement Directive (2010). The received E01 shall be evaluated based on the requirements stated on the application.
5. Request for the E01 documents including the ToR can be made in person in the purchasing office of the Ministry of Mines on 1″ floor OR online in writing to the following email: inforamomitov.et
6. The invitation for expression of interest will be online for 14 Calendar days from the date of announcement
7. The E01 shall be submitted in the following ways: a) Completed E01 documents in soft copy should be received via email at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org OR b) Completed E01 documents in hard copy should be submitted to the purchasing office of the Ministry of Mines on 1″ floor.
8. In case the day of submission of the E01 falls on a public holiday, it should then be submitted by 5:00 pm on the following business day.
9. Only shortlisted consultants will be invited for the second stage of the process which is to respond to the Request for Proposal Document (RFPD) notice from the MOM. Pre-qualified firms will be notified by letter or email within 5 days after the E01 submission deadline with a Request for Proposal Document (RFPD). MOM reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the received E01 documents with or without giving any reasons whatsoever. Further information or clarification can be made by contacting the MOM office, Iron Team Room on the 2nd Floor between 9:00 am — 4:00 pm.
10. For any additional questions, please call on the following phone numbers: +251.118124132 or submit your questions to the following email address: infoPmom.Rov.et
The opinions expresses here in the post "Invitation to Expressions of Interest for Feasibility Study of Iron and Steel Plants from the Ministry of Mines" are those of the individua's contributor(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of Business Info Ethiopia , BIE Intelligence PLC, its publisher, editor, or any of its other contributors.