Mortgage/ Home loan is a secured Long-Term Loans provided to Ethiopian diaspora communities to purchase or construct real estate and homes in Ethiopia. The loan product is available to eligible Ethiopian Diasporas with verifiable and steady incomes.
The purpose of this loan is to help diaspora with: –
- Construction of new residential house,
- Construction of additional house within an existing compound,
- Purchase/acquisition of residential house etc.
- Loan duration is up to 20 years for local and foreign currency lending.
- Equity Contribution: – starting from 20% of the house to be purchased or constructed.
- Loan Interest Rate: – From 8.5% per annum.
- The bank shall give grace period of one year.
- The loan will be secured by the house or building to be purchased/constructed.
- The Bank may require or accept other collaterals in addition to the house.
- Non-resident Ethiopian Nationals living and working outside Ethiopia for more than one year who can produce authenticated documents.
- Non-resident foreign nationals of Ethiopian origin.
- Companies owned by the above-mentioned nonresidents and located in Ethiopia.
- The amount of loan is determined by the repayment capacity of the borrower as evidenced by his income and the cost of the home/building to be purchased/constructed and related collateral.
- The Bank may decide on the minimum and maximum amount of the loan apart from these conditions.
- It gives attractive and competitive pricing
- You get a support from designated personal banker
- Inclusion of spouse as a co-applicant may enable the primary applicant to take a higher loan amount.
Application letter of customer has to include the following documents:
- Application forms properly filled and signed by the applicant.
- For individuals of Ethiopians or foreign nationals of Ethiopian origin, valid passport and/or identification card.
- For businesses, Certificates of ownership entitlement for the organization and/or Articles and Memorandum of Association, etc.
- Copy of Sale Agreement
- Other relevant.
The opinions expresses here in the post "Need-to-know-information: Cooperative Bank of Oromia Diaspora House Loan Package" are those of the individua's contributor(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of Business Info Ethiopia , BIE Intelligence PLC, its publisher, editor, or any of its other contributors.