Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (19 May 2023)
The Netherlands Trust Fund V (NTF V) programme, a collaboration between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The Netherlands and the UN International Trade Centre (ITC), is inviting tech start-ups in Ethiopia, Ghana, and Uganda to apply for their support program. Running from July 2021 to June 2025, the program focuses on the digital technologies and agribusiness sectors in Ethiopia, Ghana, and Senegal, as well as the digital technologies sector in Benin, Ivory Coast, Mali, and Uganda.
- Utilize digital technology as a core enabling factor, including e-commerce
- For-profit ventures with the potential for social impact
- Already generating sales and established in Ethiopia, Ghana, or Uganda
- Bonus eligibility: (1) Women-led businesses, (2) Business model revolving around environmental sustainability (clean tech, green tech, climate tech, etc.)
Benefits to Reap:
- Individual business coaching
- Investment readiness knowledge
- Internationalization support
- Digital marketing strategies
- Participation in (inter)national tech events
- Linkages to international business and investment opportunities and more!
Selected tech start-ups will receive various support services according to their level of maturity:
- Growth Stage: Post-revenue, targeting new markets, and developing new products
- Entrepreneurship Stage: Minimum Viable Product (MVP) confirmed, with ongoing customer acquisition and retention.
The deadline for applications varies for each country, with the application window for Ethiopia set to open soon. To read more about the selection process and other details, visit this NTF link.
The opinions expresses here in the post "NTF V Call for Applications for Tech Start-ups in Ethiopia, Ghana, and Uganda" are those of the individua's contributor(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of Business Info Ethiopia , BIE Intelligence PLC, its publisher, editor, or any of its other contributors.