telebirr, a mobile money service developed by Huawei and owned by Ethio telecom, has announced a 5% e-money bonus on every international remittance value received until 16 January.
Accordingly, when you receive money from your family and friends living abroad you can then either go to the nearest telebirr agent and receive your cash or transfer it to your bank account.
Terms and Conditions (Ethio-Telecom Website)
- A 5% e-money bonus is available on every remittance value received until 16 January
- The bonus shall only be used to buy airtime and mobile packages and can be transferred to others: the recipient can use the gift for the same purposes.
- The maximum daily cash out limit for customers who received remittance
- Level 1 ETB 5,000
- Level 2 & 3 ETB 50,000
- Customers can transfer the received remittance to their bank account without limit; for free.
- Cash withdrawal fee will be as per the prevailing rate.
- When remittance sent to unregistered customers, notification will be sent for customers to register for telebirr service.
- Closed accounts will be treated as unregistered customer.
- When the sender request for transaction reversal for unclaimed remittance transfers, ethio telecom will reverse the transaction. In addition, if the recipient failed to register within 30 days, the transfers will be returned/reversed.
The opinions expresses here in the post "telebirr Offered 5% e-money Bonus for Every Remittance Value" are those of the individua's contributor(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of Business Info Ethiopia , BIE Intelligence PLC, its publisher, editor, or any of its other contributors.