When meeting with African Development Bank President Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina while on a working visit to Côte d’Ivoire, President Sahle-Work Zewde described the Bank as Ethiopia’s growth partner of choice and praised the Bank for its longstanding support and role in Ethiopia’s development.
Some of AfDB’s project in Ethiopia:
• Addis Ababa – Nairobi highway, $1 billion
• Addis Ababa kebena urban river development project, $402 million (including for other operations)
• Support young entrepreneurs in the agricultural sector within the vicinity of agro-industrial parks, $47 million
• Boost nutrition in children aged 5 and under, the provision of better access to health services, and improved hygiene knowledge and practices, $27 million
• In July 2020, to support Ethiopia’s Covid-19 response, $165 million
• In general, 20 projects with a value of about $1.6 billion across several sectors, including transport, energy, water and sanitation.
The opinions expresses here in the post "To give you some context… AfDB’s Role in #Ethiopia" are those of the individua's contributor(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of Business Info Ethiopia , BIE Intelligence PLC, its publisher, editor, or any of its other contributors.